Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Welcome

Welcome to the madness that will be this blog! I am a teacher from the US who got sucked into the crappy economy and is not able to find a teaching job in the United States. July 2010, I traveled to South Korea to teach English to Korean students for a year. It was decision I made because i wanted to grow as a teacher and as a woman. I had an incredible year and returned the the states. I searched for a job when I returned and was unsuccessful. I was substitute teaching and going through a very bad relationship. I was incredibly unhappy! Luckily the relationship ended and I decided that it was the best choice to return to South Korea for another year. Unfortunatly, a not even a week after I agreed to take a job at my old school in Korea, a longtime friendship blossomed into an incredible relationship.

I met Ziggy when I was 15 years old. We were in a production together at out local community theater. She is 7 years older than me, so I really looked up to her. She was the fun, older girl who would take the younger kids bowling on Friday nights. *Jump ahead 10 years* We each had moved away doing our own things...and we find eachother 10 years later in another show together. This time we connected much deeper (as I was a baby in our first show). We spent A LOT of time together and had a very short lived "situation" if you will. Things ended not well...and even though we attempted to stay friends, we grew apart. *Jump ahead 2 years* I return from Korea and not even a month later I audition for a show. Who is the first person I see? ZIGGY! The universe seems to keep pushing us together!

Anyway, Ziggy helped me through my transition back to the states and getting through a relationship that was mimicking all my other failed relationships. We had been spending time together through the show and she really took me under her wing and was teaching me different aspects of the theater I hadnt had a chance to work with before. I had a situation in my relationship where I found out that I was being cheated on...several times. I didnt hesitate, the first person I called was Ziggy. She was there for me in a heartbeat.
So, since that day, we were pretty much inseperable! We started officially dating shortly after. Things have been amazing. She has helped me open up to who I really am. I am not as afraid to be who I know I am inside. I came out to my parents a few months ago and she really helped me through that experience and my parents have been pretty supportive. They like Ziggy and usually acknowledge our relationship, but I need to understand this is new for them and they are adjusting too.

So..the purpose of this blog is to discuss my relationship with Ziggy and how things are working with the LONG distance between us. Also, to touch on our relationship and how it is affected by Ziggy and her Asperger's. I welcome any comments and/or suggestions from the peanut gallery.

*Love conquers all!*

No comments:

Post a Comment