I have 2 things I need to say about Online chatting...
1. It is an amazing invention that allows me to keep in touch with my girlfriend when I am half a world away from her.
2. It is amazingly frustrating to me!
I love the fact that I can get up in the morning and talk to Ziggy while I am getting ready for work and she is enjoying dinner. Or I can send her a good morning message when I get home from work and she is getting up for the day. I love that we can chat and share things. I also love that I can chat with her while I am at work and she is getting things accomplished at home. It is an easy, on the spot way to communicate with her while I can't be right there beside her.
That being said, there is lots of room for error. Without infection, misconceptions are HUGE. Its so hard to tell the meaning or "tone" of your words when you can't hear them. The smallest things can end up in confusion. Also, the dropping of my very crappy Korean Internet is ridiculously annoying.
Again, I am appreciative that I have this technology to keep me "close" to Ziggy when I can't actually be close to her. I just wish there was something easier. We do use Skype, but it is not always convenient when family is around or when we are trying to get work done. I guess we are just going to have to use trial and error to figure out what works best for us. It's only been a week and it feels like an eternity.
No comments:
Post a Comment